August 31, 2011

LOVE AFFAIR: Elie Saab Haute Couture

So, I'm having a bit of a love affair with Elie Saab, but he doesn't know it yet (maybe that's why he's not returning my calls!)...

His couture lines are always awe inspiring, and a quick look through his website and my jaw was on the floor. Between his Spring/Summer 2011, and Autumn/Winter 2011/12 Haute Couture lines, I've found a bunch of gowns that make me want to drop ## pounds and grow ## inches and find a place to wear these...

Here are a few of my absolute favorites.

Illusion netting, flower detail, and a hint of sparkle. 

Stunning. 

Who wouldn't wear a full sequin gown? I mean, really? 

The draping, color and lace use makes me swoooon. 

Yowza! Have you seen lace inserts like this on a chiffon gown? I'm in love.

 Would you wear this on your wedding day? 

Her face is dewy and this gown reminds me of Art Nouveau. 

This one too. 



Great color.

She looks like a brilliant sea creature floating in the abyss. 


So there you have it... my love affair with Elie Saab Haute Couture explained. 
I encourage you to check out his website. There are a few lovely videos and intros to his collections.


No comments:

Post a Comment